We Urge You to Contact Members of the House Local Government Committee (List Attached Below) Immediately to Request Their Opposition to H.B. 409
- In Montana, a "junk vehicle" means a motor vehicle, including component parts that is discarded, ruined, wrecked, or dismantled; is not lawfully and validly licensed; and that remains inoperative or incapable of being driven. Even vehicles that are permanently registered, but meet these criteria are considered junk vehicles.
- Under the “community decay” laws, after giving notice in writing of a violation and upon the failure of the property owner to comply with removal, county officers may enter private property to remove the “junk vehicles” and may assess the property owner for the actual costs for the removal. Nonpayment of the assessment becomes a lien upon the property and is enforceable in the same manner as the nonpayment of property taxes.
- H.B. 409 limits to three the number of inoperable vehicles permitted on private property.
- H.B. 409 provides no reasonable concessions for legitimate automotive hobbyists that choose to work on more than three inoperable collector vehicles on private property.
- H.B. 409 could outlaw the repair or modification of certain motor vehicles that are undergoing restoration.
- H.B. 409 would limit the maintenance of parts cars available to hobbyists for motor vehicles undergoing restoration.
- H.B. 409 establishes no provisions that would enable vehicles located out of public view to avoid being classified as junk.
DON’T DELAY! Please contact members of the Montana House Local Government Committee immediately to request their opposition to H.B. 409.
Montana House Local Government Committee
firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; Clarenabrockie@hotmail.com; Curtis.firstname.lastname@example.org; Rahagan@msn.com; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; Mooreformontana@gmail.com; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; Mtsteenberg@bresnan.net; Nwilson1538@gmail.com; Daniel.firstname.lastname@example.org