URGENT LEGISLATIVE ALERT (UPDATE)
New Mexico Bill to Ease Titling and Registration of Replica Cars to be Considered by Committee on March 5, 2015
A version of SEMA model legislation (H.B. 510) to ease the process by which replica cars are titled and registered will be considered by the House Transportation and Public Works Committee on Thursday, March 5, 2015. H.B. 510 defines "replica car" as a motor vehicle that is assembled from a pre-fabricated chassis and body kit purchased from a replica car manufacturer.
If You Have Not Done So Already, Please Contact Members of the New Mexico House Transportation and Public Works Committee (Contact Info Below) to Request Support for H.B. 510
- H.B. 510 creates a specific registration and titling class for replicas and provides that the model year is the year of manufacture of the model or brand that a replica car most resembles in outward appearance as described by the manufacturer in published information.
- H.B. 510 provides that a replica car is exempt from a state or local law or ordinance requiring periodic vehicle or vehicle emission inspections and testing.
- H.B. 510 provides that replica cars shall be maintained only for occasional transportation, exhibitions, vehicle club activities, parades, tours and similar limited uses and not for general or daily transportation.
- H.B. 510 provides that a replica car need not have equipment that was not required by state or federal law in its model year.
- H.B. 510, if enacted into law, would become effective on July 1, 2015.
DON’T DELAY! Please contact members of the New Mexico House Transportation and Public Works Committee by phone or e-mail to request their support for H.B. 510
Please e-mail a copy of your letter to Steve McDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, please forward this Alert to your fellow car enthusiasts. Urge them to join the SAN and help defend the hobby! Thank you for your assistance.
New Mexico House Transportation & Public Works Committee
To e-mail all Committee members, copy and paste the email address block below:
email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; JasonHarperNM@gmail.com; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Representative Cathrynn N. Brown (Chair)
Phone: (575) 706-4420
Representative Dianne Miller Hamilton (Vice-Chair)
Phone: (575) 538-9336
Representative Bealquin Bill Gomez
Phone: (575) 233-3040
Representative Roberto J. Gonzales
Phone: (575) 751-1467
Representative Jason C. Harper
Phone: (505) 554-7970
Representative Larry A. Larrañaga
Phone: (505) 821-4948
Representative Patricia A. Lundstrom
Phone: (505) 722-2980
Representative Matthew McQueen
Representative Rod Montoya
Phone: (505) 360-1510
Representative Paul A. Pacheco
Phone: (505) 263-9235
Representative Patricio Ruiloba
Phone: (505) 417-1749
Representative Luciano Varela
Phone: (505) 982-1292