URGENT LEGISLATIVE ALERT (UPDATE)
Washington State Bill to Exempt Collectible Vehicles From Emissions Tests Approved by House; Moves to Senate
Legislation (H.B. 2359) to exempt collectible vehicles of any age from emissions testing was approved by the Washington State House of Representatives. The bill now moves to the Senate Transportation Committee for consideration.
We Urge You to Contact All Members of the Washington Senate Transportation Committee (Contact Info Below) Immediately To Request Their Support for H.B. 2359
- H.B. 2359 defines collectible vehicles as a vehicle of unique or rare design, of limited production, and an object of curiosity that is maintained primarily for use in car club activities, exhibitions, parades, or other functions of public interest or for a private collection, and is used only infrequently for other purposes.
- H.B. 2359 requires that the vehicle have collectible vehicle or classic automobile insurance coverage that restricts the collectible vehicle mileage or use, or both, and requires the owner to have another vehicle for personal use.
- H.B. 2359 recognizes the minimal impact of collectible vehicles on emissions and air quality.
- H.B. 2359 acknowledges that collectible vehicles constitute a small portion of the overall vehicle population and are a poor source from which to look for emissions reduction.
- H.B. 2359 endorses the fact that collectible vehicles are overwhelmingly well-maintained and infrequently driven.
DON’T DELAY! Please contact members of the Washington Senate Transportation Committee immediately to request their support for H.B. 2359.
Please e-mail a copy of your letter to Steve McDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, please forward this Alert to your fellow car enthusiasts. Urge them to join the SAN and help defend the hobby! Thank you for your assistance.
Washington Senate Transportation Committee
To e-mail all Committee members, copy and paste the email address block below:
email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com