URGENT LEGISLATIVE ALERT
New Mexico Introduces Bill to Ease Titling and Registration of Replica Cars
A version of SEMA model legislation (H.B. 510) to ease the process by which replica cars are titled and registered has been introduced. H.B. 510 defines "replica car" as a motor vehicle that is assembled from a pre-fabricated chassis and body kit purchased from a replica car manufacturer.
Please Contact Members of the New Mexico House Transportation and Public Works Committee (Contact Info Below) to Request Support for H.B. 510
- H.B. 510 creates a specific registration and titling class for replicas and provides that the model year is the year of manufacture of the model or brand that a replica car most resembles in outward appearance as described by the manufacturer in published information.
- H.B. 510 provides that a replica car is exempt from a state or local law or ordinance requiring periodic vehicle or vehicle emission inspections and testing.
- H.B. 510 provides that replica cars shall be maintained only for occasional transportation, exhibitions, vehicle club activities, parades, tours and similar limited uses and not for general or daily transportation.
- H.B. 510 provides that a replica car need not have equipment that was not required by state or federal law in its model year.
- H.B. 510, if enacted into law, would become effective on July 1, 2015.
DON’T DELAY! Please contact members of the New Mexico House Transportation and Public Works Committee by phone or e-mail to request their support for H.B. 510
Please e-mail a copy of your letter to Steve McDonald at email@example.com. Also, please forward this Alert to your fellow car enthusiasts. Urge them to join the SAN and help defend the hobby! Thank you for your assistance.
New Mexico House Transportation & Public Works Committee
To e-mail all Committee members, copy and paste the email address block below:
firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; JasonHarperNM@gmail.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Representative Cathrynn N. Brown (Chair)
Phone: (575) 706-4420
Representative Dianne Miller Hamilton (Vice-Chair)
Phone: (575) 538-9336
Representative Bealquin Bill Gomez
Phone: (575) 233-3040
Representative Roberto J. Gonzales
Phone: (575) 751-1467
Representative Jason C. Harper
Phone: (505) 554-7970
Representative Larry A. Larrañaga
Phone: (505) 821-4948
Representative Patricia A. Lundstrom
Phone: (505) 722-2980
Representative Matthew McQueen
Representative Rod Montoya
Phone: (505) 360-1510
Representative Paul A. Pacheco
Phone: (505) 263-9235
Representative Patricio Ruiloba
Phone: (505) 417-1749
Representative Luciano Varela
Phone: (505) 982-1292