Tell Illinois Leaders to Allow Motorsports to Resume
DON’T DELAY! Please contact Illinois’ leaders and ask them to support the Illinois Motorsports Coalition’s plan to safely resume racing.
You may use the following points in your message:
- The Illinois Motorsports Coalition (IMC) has put forth an 8-step plan to safely allow racing to resume statewide.
- IMC’s proposal allows motorsports to safely operate under Phases 2-4 of Governor J.B. Pritzker’s Restore Illinois plan.
- IMC’s plan allows residents to enjoy racing in their communities instead of traveling to neighboring states that have already implemented similar guidelines.
- Illinois has a rich motorsports tradition and is home to over 40 racetracks and the businesses that support them.
- The safe resumption of racing would provide desperately needed economic stimulus to Illinois and a morale boost to its residents.
Overview: The Illinois Motorsports Coalition (IMC), a group comprised of racing facilities across Illinois, has submitted an 8-step plan to Governor J.B. Pritzker that would allow motorsports to safely resume statewide. Under the Governor’s current Restore Illinois plan, motorsports may not return to action until late 2020. As it stands, Illinois residents must travel to neighboring states in order to enjoy racing.
Dear SEMA Action Network (SAN): Recent world events have impacted us all. Rest assured, the SAN will continue to be the voice of auto enthusiasts in state capitols and Washington, DC. With your help, we’ve already achieved several triumphs this year—thank you! Meantime, SEMA is working to safeguard our hobby so we can continue to pursue our passion. For updates, news and resources, please visit SEMA.org/coronavirus. Ignited We Stand!