UPDATE: Colorado Bill to Allow Military Vehicle Titling Passes Senate; Moves to House
DON’T DELAY! Please contact the House Transportation and Local Government Committee immediately to request support for SB19-054:
You may use the following points in your message:
- SB19-054 allows for the titling and registration of former military vehicles.
- SB19-054 defines “Demilitarized Motor Vehicle” as a vehicle purchased for nonmilitary use that was commonly used by the U.S. Armed Forces to transport persons or property over the highway.
- SB19-054 recognizes the important historical and patriotic purpose of these vehicles.
- SB19-054 acknowledges the fact that government surplus (former military) vehicles are becoming valued collectors’ items among the automotive community.
- SB19-054 would bring the state in line with others that are moving to allow former military vehicles similar accommodations as those available to civilian vehicles.
Overview: Legislation (SB19-054) has been introduced to allow for the titling and registration of former military vehicles. Currently, former military vehicles are not allowed to be registered or titled for on-road use in the state. The bill passed the Senate and currently awaits consideration in the House Transportation and Local Government Committee.