SEMA Applauds Introduction of Congressional Resolution Recognizing July 12 as Collector Car Appreciation Day
At the request of the SEMA Action Network (SAN), a resolution (H. Res. 108) was introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives to recognize July 12, 2019, as Collector Car Appreciation Day (CCAD). H. Res. 108 is sponsored by Congressional Automotive Performance and Motorsports Caucus House Co-Chairs Rep. Bill Posey (R-FL) and Rep. Sanford D. Bishop, Jr. (D-GA). The date marks the 10th commemoration in what has become an annual event to celebrate and raise awareness of the vital role automotive restoration and collection plays in American society.
Intended to celebrate the classics of the past and the future, the U.S. Congress has helped launch CCAD by introducing resolutions each year at SEMA’s request.
• Tell Utah State Lawmakers to Save the Bonneville Salt Flats
• Congress Introduces Bill to Help Prevent E15 (Ethanol) Misfueling
• Legislation Introduced to Repeal 2018 California Exhaust Noise Law
• UPDATE: Minnesota Bills to Aid the Registration of Decommissioned Military Vehicles Receive New Committee Assignment
• UPDATE: Washington Legislation to Allow Military Vehicle Titling Receives Companion Bill in House
• California Bill to Exempt Pre-1983 Vehicles from Emissions Inspections Introduced
• Utah Single Plate Bill Introduced
• Pro-Hobby Street Rod and Custom Vehicle Bill Reintroduced in New York
• Connecticut Single Plate Bill Introduced
• West Virginia to Exempt Antique Vehicles from Property Tax
• Oklahoma Bill Introduced to Create Titling for HUMVEES
• Iowa Bill to Expand Single License Plate Usage Introduced
• Tennessee Bills to Increase Antique Vehicle Use Introduced
• Illinois Introduces Single Plate Bill
• Missouri Introduces Bill to Eliminate Mileage Restrictions for Historic Vehicles
• New York Bill to Reduce Antique, Classic, and Collector Vehicle Inspections Introduced
See the complete list of Legislative Action Alerts
SEMA SAN Strike Force
Favorite automotive memory?
I remember my older brother had his friend take me for a ride in the 1960s. He had a ‘40 Ford coupe painted black with an Olds mill and a ‘39 transmission with LaSalle gears. It left a mark: I actually bought a similar car!
How do you celebrate Collector Car Appreciation Day (CCAD)?
I always try to drive my old car for CCAD. Even though I live in the “Motor City,” I can’t always find any events nearby on that day. I’m hopeful for this year…
Why is the SEMA Action Network (SAN) important?
I keep up on the legislative side of our automotive hobby as a member of SAN. Everyone should be involved—otherwise, we might lose it.